"Sarno river sunset" Oil on 20x50 cm. linen canvas

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Artist's pride

Watching around the Web to thank a friend who leaved
a comment on one of my father artworks,
we came across a discussion in which the forum moderator
exalted the artistic talents of a poor,little dauber
making it drop directly from the Olympus gods.
At my question if that was a good artist as the moderator said,
my father replied :
"You know that I don't like a lot to speak of art,
but I like instead to do it.
You also know what I did make in my past life of painter,
so I'll prove to you that a subject that I usually was painting in 1980s
can still make an impression now!
They have now so many tools
(computers, digital cameras, projectors, plotters, etc..)
to think they are good artists just because
they are able to trace or color their printed images.
What they would be if without photograph?".
"Live"
2010 24x33 Pastels and colored pencil on fabriano paper

No comments: